I will be organising a Fantasy Football league based off of the stats from the Blood Bowl league I am running for my gaming group and I want YOU to join. All you need to do is read the rule guidelines below, choose your players and watch out for the regular updates posted here on Power Armoured Beard.
Players in my league, AABBL (Aldershot ‘Ardboyz Blood Bowl League) will have a two week window in which to play their match-up at the club which meets every Wednesday and Sunday. This sounds like a long time, but from experience of running similar campaigns in the past, people can’t always turn up for every club night, or they want to play something else (6th Ed 40k is quite a pull at the moment obviously). One game per fortnight will help keep people interested but not burnt out. This is just a bit of background information to explain that the AABBFFL (Aldershot ‘Ardboyz Blood Bowl Fantasy Football League) will be updated roughly every two weeks.
Your standing in the league will be based on the total amount of Star Player Points (SPP) your players accumulate. SPP are awarded for actions in the game:
- Completion: Successful pass. (1SPP)
- Touchdown: Get the ball in the end zone (3SPP)
- Interception: Catch the opponents pass (2SPP)
- Casualty: Successfully injuring another player. (2SPP)
- MVP: Most Valued Player randomly chosen at the end of each game (5SPP)
Now for some guidelines:
- AABBFFL coaches will have 1,000,000 gold pieces to spend on players.
- You may have a maximum of 11 players.
- You must not choose more than 3 players from the same team.
- You may only have 1 Big Guy.
- You may have up to 5 positional players (blitzers, throwers, black orcs etc).
- You may have any number line-men equivalents (0-16 players).
- You must choose 1 player to be your Captain, he will score double SPP.
- If your player dies you are refunded the full cost of that player, even if he is now worth more due to levelling up. You will keep the SPP earnt up until this point.
- If you choose to cut a player from your team you will only receive half the current cost of that player. You will keep the SPP earnt up until this point.
- If any of your players can’t play a game for whatever reason (injuries picked up in-game, coach not being able to make a game IRL), this is all just considered part of the league. However, if the worst case scenario happens and a coach drops out of the league altogether, you will be notified immediately, refunded the total cost of the players and asked to make new selections.
- AABBFFL coaches are asked to provide a name for their team.
The list of players available for purchase will be released in a future post. Once this has been released there will be closing date deadline to submit your teams to the league. There might also be a prize awarded to the top ranking AABBFFL coach!
If you are interested in joining the league please leave a comment or contact me on twitter @xbevisx