Managed to get 4 of these buggers done so far today and I havent even finished yet.
Step 1: Undercoated Black,
Step 2: Mithril Silver on armour.
Step 3: Badab Black wash over the silver.
Step 4: Regal Blue to cloth areas.
Step 5: Asumen Blue wash over the Regal Blue. Base and boots painted with Calthan Brown.
Step 6: Devlan Mud on the boots. Flesh painted with Tallern Flesh then P3 Ryn Flesh.
Step 7: Ogryn Flesh wash over the flesh.
Step 8: Gems painted Mechrite Red then Blood Red. Difficult to see in this photo but the shoulders have several coats of Gryphonne Sepia applied over the Mithril to make nice gold effect.
Step 9: Based with white pitch markings and on the edge of the base to add the player number.
Hope you enjoyed that! I’ll get a picture of the whole team up when I am done.
As I’m having a cack-handed day (they happen now and then, and when they do its best to just step away from the painting table) I thought I’d do something else constructive and post some photos of current work. Please enjoy!
Yesterday we ran a 9000pt-a-side Storm of Magic Warhammer game at the shop. For this we required a number of magical fulcrums. These are conduits of magical power that have a very big impact upon Storm of Magic games, and also work as the objectives. With limited time until the event and not wanting to shell out for the official Games Workshop fulcrums (I do own one already) I decided to make my own.
I used my phone camera to take a lot of these pictures so sorry if some of them are a tad blurry.
Started off with a big block of foam.
Cut down into the basic size/shape needed.
Hot wire cutter. One of the best and most helpful tools GW ever made. They don’t make them anymore unfortunately, and my one is pretty old now. I’m hoping it won’t die on me anytime soon.
Using the hot wire cutter, I carved the foam into shape. I’ve mounted it on a pencil here ready for the gluing stage to cut down a bit on the mess.
I coated the foam in a generous helping of PVA glue and dunked it in some sand. When they were all done I left them over night to dry.
When they were dry I gave them a good solid coat of dark purple paint, then drybrushed with Lilac. Here’s the finished result! Pretty happy with them for 2 days work. I’ll add a post soon of them in the battle itself.