I’ve really been enjoying painting Warhammer Fantasy models lately which is probably a good thing seeing as you require a lot more of them per army than in 40k.
Stupidly I’ve written a Chaos Warriors army list that consists of 120 chaos marauders! This is a large challenge to take on and hopefully I can see it through to the end. For a while I was experimenting with various paint schemes for them but each one took slightly too long per model to make this a practical task. But thankfully I think I have hit upon the ideal scheme. I have to apologise for aspects of the photo quality as some of the colours havent come out as good as they could have. Heres the step by step:
1. Base coat of Army Painter Leather Brown spray paint. This is pretty much key to this paint scheme.
2. Charadon Granite on belt and loincloth area.
3. Rear view showing leg straps painted with Khemri Brown.
4. Chainmail on armour and weapon.
5. Tallarn Flesh on skin areas.
6. The magical Devlan Mud stage.
7. Base painted with Scorched Brown and dry-brushed with Deneb Stone.
The great thing about this sequence of painting is nothing has to be too neat as long as you take care around previously done areas. A quick tidy up is all that is required before the Devlan Mud stage. I’ll get a photo of the whole unit soon, including their Chaos Ogre unit filler.