Quite a few months back the incredibly kind PJ from Tigerears.org gave me an old 2nd edition (I believe) Blood Bowl set which included the 3 piece polystyrene foam board/pitch. This has been languishing on my bookcase for a while now, and I’ve never got round to painting it…. until now!
With plans to get Blood Bowl a major staple of our game clubs new year I decided now would be a good time to get painting. Here is a very short step-by-step focusing on the centre piece of the 3 piece pitch:
Whole section undercoated with brown paint (can’t remember the name of the paint. Just used a large tube of it that I found at the Game Shop). Skull’s first coat of Graveyard Earth with eye and nose sockets Chaos Black.
Eyes were painted from Mechrite Red, to Blood Red, to Macharius Solar Orange. “BB” Design on the skull is Chainmail silver and a gold (the specific name escapes me currently, I’m afraid to say).
Looking at it, I think I will do a tiny bit of black lining around the edge of the “BB” design to make it stand out more, but other than that I’m quite happy with it. When the pitch is completely finished I shall have a few patchy areas of grass flock added. Expect more pictures in the near future.