Yet more apologies for the massive gap from my last post. Lately my life has been controlled by zombies. Either planning and running my Inquisitor story based campaign or killing hundreds of the undead bastards in Dead Island, which I am really enjoying. Besides 1 potentially bugged mission I have nothing bad to say about that game at all. Other than that there’s been a lot of painting and band/work related stuff.
Amongst all this I have returned to the world of the Privateer Press games, Warmachine and Hordes. Well I say returned, I got out of Warmachine before Hordes was released I believe, so learning that has been interesting.
Really quick summary for you. Warmachine/Hordes are set in the same fantasy steampunk world where there are many factions vying for power with their own motives. The games are quite small skirmish scale, and forces generally revolve around one warcaster/warlock, who is your leader, and a number of Warjacks (Warmachine: Big steam-powered, heavily armoured robots) or Warbeasts (Hordes: Pretty self-explanatory. Big monstrous thingies with teeth and claws) and any number of other units. The warcaster/warlock controls the Warjacks/Warbeasts and once he/she is defeated it’s usually game over.
I’ve decided that I’d quite like an army for both Warmachine and Hordes, although they are completely compatible. On the Warmachine side I’ve opted for Khador, Russian type chaps that don’t piddle around with light warjacks, they just build huge ones that want to smash you to pieces quickly. I like this straight forward approach! Hordes side I’ve gone for Trollbloods, mostly because I really like their models, they have a really nice character to the sculpts and they are pretty much the closest things to good guys in this world, as a lot of the time they are merely fighting for survival.
So here are my first few paint jobs:
This is a Khador Juggernaut built from the Khador Heavy Warjack plastic resin kit, which is a truly excellent kit and OTHER COMPANIES could really learn a thing or two about decent plastic resin. I really enjoyed painting this model and luckily I’ve found a paint scheme that doesn’t take too long to finish.
Next up are some Trollblood Fennblades. It took me a couple of attempts to perfect the scheme I wanted to use. I wasn’t happy with these first 2 and I will be stripping them to re-paint.
Below is the scheme I’ve settled on. The others never felt quite right but this one really clicked for me. I can’t believe I even actually painted tartan!
Today I plan on doing a fair bit of painting so hopefully I can get the results on here soon!
Take care, everyone!